Friday, May 25, 2007

Microsoft Excel Task.

Hey There.

Well this weeks task was a little less confusing than the microsoft word task... but i still failed to completely finish it.

In all honesty, I am not at all familiar with Microsoft Excel. I used it once in all of year 12 for a Maths Assignment and found it very frustrating. However, today's task has made me understand the program a lot more.

The first few execises where we had to create the table were very simple, I had no troubles at all. However, when we were required to insert codes I had a few troubles. It worked on the first set of columns with the correst answer... but every column underneath produced the same answer as well. This confused me as I am 90% certain I did what the instructions said but it wasn't working out for me... so, I had to put the answers in myself without any codes.

Making it into a graph was also a fairly simple task for me, I have made graphs before on Excel so it was nothing new to me.

I ran into trouble when I started doing the advanced exercise. Actually, at first I found the instructions really easy to follow. However, I ran into trouble when I got to this instruction:

'A new toolbar should now appear on your screen (it should be grey and without any buttons). Drag it to the top of the screen (or the bottom) and sit it alongside some of the other Toolbars'

Nothing was appearing grey and I wasnt sure where to drag the new toolbar. I attempted to move onto the next instruction exceot I was pretty much lost witht the rest of them too. I did go to the help menu to try and fix the problem but only found myself more lost.

Although I didn't completely finish this weeks task, I can say that my knowledge on Microsoft Excel has been expanded, so I'm happy!

Thanks for another week :]
sophie.

No comments: