Thursday, March 8, 2007

09.03.07

Hey there.

My name is sophie. I am 17 years old and live on the Gold Coast. At present I am doing a Bachelor of Communication at Griffith uni. This is my first year and so far i am fairly enjoying it. This semester I am studing effective writing, new communication technologies, marketing and philosophy.

Aside from uni I work at Sean Scott Photography in Burleigh. It sells amazing photography (on canvas), clothes, surf DVD's and plenty of Havaianas. My job is extremely cruisy and i love it.

Eventually I want to work as either a freelance journalist, a buyer, or a magazine editor. I am really interested in fashion so I would love to work my way into that particular industry.

I graduated highschool in 2006 at Varsity College. So far, 2006 has been my best year yet. Apart from the continuously stressful workload, I shared a graduation, a formal and schoolies with those closest to me.

I absolutely love the beach and love the fact that i live in Palm Beach. I argue that Body boarding and surfing are as good as each other, although body boarding is easier.
Nothing beats eating subway whilst watching a movie on a cold/rainy day!
And nothing beats coronas and a BBQ with mates on a hot day at the beach!

I Also love the cheap food at IKEA, shopping, InStyle magazine, photography, Friends- the T.V show and in real life and The Matrix- best movie of all time (apart from the third sequel)

I am not keen on teeny-bopper punk music in surf movies or in general, humidity, turnips and arrogance. Other than that it's all good.

In reference to this subject, I am hoping that it will broaden my computer skills as I am hopeless when it comes to technology. So far, the two lectures i have been to have been ok, not too captivating but interesting enough. I really enjoyed La Jetee, the short film we watched this morning. I liked the fact that it used a lot of imagery to help convey the story.

I look forward to more tutorials. And I truly hope you don't find this too boring to read.

cheers,
Sophie

No comments: